Are Kim Kardashian’s super long lashes getting to you? Are you desperately looking for ways to grow eyelashes? Fret not, for there just might be a handy solution to your problem: fake eyelashes.
Fake eyelashes are among the common eyelash products that can give you beautiful long lashes in an instant. These are made up of synthetic strands that are meant to be attached to the natural lashes to make your lashes look longer and thicker.
Choosing the Type of Fake Eyelashes
There are several types of fake eyelashes you can choose from depending on the effect you want to achieve. Here are some of them:
- Strip eyelashes. Strip eyelashes are a full set of eyelashes that you attach over your natural lashes. A common part of eye makeup of celebrities, this type of fake eyelashes produces a flirtatious look which is ideal for night outs and evening parties.
- Individual strands. These are applied directly over your natural lashes to make them look thicker and fuller. Besides the classic brown and black, there are also other colors available for this type of fake eyelashes.
- Separate flares. If you want to enhance your eyelashes but still keep them natural-looking, this is your best choice. This type of fake eyelashes is usually applied at the tip of your natural lashes for a lengthening effect.
Steps in Applying Fake Eyelashes
Though fake eyelashes can instantly give you thicker and longer eyelashes, you have to know how to correctly apply them so you can achieve your desired effect for your eyes. Here’s how:
- Before using fake eyelashes, make sure your eyelids are clean and free from eye makeup or any oil-based product so the adhesive can stick properly.
- Choose the type of fake eyelashes that best suits your eyes. Go for the color that complements your hair and skin tone. You can also opt to wear extravagant fake eyelashes if you’re going to a party.
- Some fake eyelashes are too long that they need to be trimmed before you can use them. Trim lash by lash, one at a time to get the length that you want. Don’t forget though that the lashes on the outer corner should be longer.
- Apply the glue on the fake eyelashes by putting glue on the back side of your hand and “dipping” the fake eyelashes on it using a toothpick or tweezers. Leave it for 15 to 30 seconds and wait until the glue dries up a little.
- Face a mirror and carefully place the fake eyelashes to your original lashes, as close as possible. Press them against your natural lashes and hold it for 30 seconds to make sure that the fake eyelashes is firmly in place.